Why choose Dr Tung’s Smart Floss?
I have tried every floss out there and truly nothing compares. The first time I used Smart Floss I could not believe how clean my mouth felt. It honestly felt like I had just had a clean at the dentist! I used to have 4 yearly cleans at the dentist (yes I might be a touch fanatical about a clean mouth) but I now only go every 6 months. My dentist also remarks at just how much cleaner my teeth are and with a lot less tartar build up. Not only is Smart Floss so much more effective, it is also softer and gentler on your gums and hands as the floss is much softer than regular floss.
What is so great about flossing?
Are you not convinced you need to floss? Did you know that if you don’t floss and you only brush you are essentially leaving about 40% of your tooth surface dirty every day? This means that you not only encourage bacterial growth and plaque, you are also leaving bits of food to rot and cause bad breath within your mouth. Convinced yet? All of this additional bacteria and plaque generates acid, which causes cavities, irritates the gums and leads to gum disease. Time to get flossing!
Healthy mouth = Healthier body:
Oral health is often under rated. You need to think of your mouth as a window to what is going on inside your body. Poor oral health leads to poor overall health. Just some of the stats concerning that super important orifice of yours:
- Gum disease increases your risk of head and neck cancer.
- Tooth loss and gum disease increase the risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Gum disease increases pancreatic and kidney cancer risk by 62%.
- 93% of people with gum disease are at risk of developing diabetes.
- There is a link between gum disease and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Bacteria that live in your mouth can cause heart disease, high blood pressure and stroke.
- People with gum disease are twice as likely to die from heart disease and three times as likely to die from stroke.