Why choose a JuJu menstrual cup?
Because menstrual cups are a relatively new concept they can sometimes seem a little daunting to start with. But most people who start using one never stop. They are such a great alternative to the traditional pad and tampon option.
We have specifically chosen JuJu for several reasons:
- It is the only Australian made menstrual cup available. This means you can be assured that the silicone it is made of is truly medical grade.
- JuJu is approved by the Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration.
- JuJu is one of the original menstrual cups.
- It is available in four sizes, one to suit every vagina shape out there! It even takes into account pre and post children.
- JuJu comes with its own silky smooth storage bag, making transporting JuJu a breeze.
What are the benefits of using a JuJu cup?
The benefits of using a JuJu cup are far reaching. Not only will you personally benefit, you will also have the added benefit of helping out the planet by using JuJu.The benefits to you and the planet include:
- A JuJu menstrual cup holds approximately 3 times more than a tampon or a pad. This means you will have more time for your day and less time spent dealing with your period. Depending on your flow, you may not need to change your JuJu for over 12 hours.
- Because JuJu holds your menstrual flow inside you there is no problem with odour at all.
- A really big benefit of a JuJu cup is that it will last approximately 10 years, this represents a cost saving of hundreds of dollars. And we all know, none of us think of our period as something we want to spend money on!
- It is gentler on your vagina that a tampon. JuJu is not drying like a tampon and therefore helps to allow your vagina to maintain its natural PH level.
- It’s really easy to use. One cycle into using a JuJu and it will become second nature.
- Most women will use around 10,000 pads or tampons over their lifetime, the landfill associated with this is enormous. Imagine cutting this down to 4 JuJu cups! And imagine if most women changed their option to a non-disposable option. Together we could make a huge positive impact on the environment.